[Boatanchors] Yaesu FT757GX and GX II's

Alex [Temple Boatanchors] temple.boatanchors1 at miwww.com
Sat Nov 19 18:28:29 EST 2011

Wow I still remember this rig in its prime time like it was
yesterday, have already enough years passed to consider it now a
boatanchor? ;-)

As a matter of fact I once fixed one while living in Martinique back
in '91. One of the big 64-pin SMD square chips was bad, and since
there was another exact same IC in the rig that was not going to be
used due to the functionality it was assigned to, I just swapped them
and got the rig working for that frenchie, and he was mighty happy to
have it back working. Had to desolder pin by pin with actually the
tip of a "pin" pulling up while heating every single IC pin. No, no
hot air station available to me at the time.

Time is relentless, the years keep on piling on like there is no stopping them!

-Alex