[Boatanchors] Here's a free parts rig for just the cost of shipping -- SX-110

Mike Langner mlangner at swcp.com
Wed Sep 14 22:27:29 EDT 2011

Hello everyone !

Some time back I purchased a Hallicrafters SX-110 from eBay, anticipating
restoring it.

I got partway there, taking it from "dead" to "numb as can be" - with an
intermittent I traced to an IF can.

After removing the IF can, the plastic parts crumbled in my hands.
Apparently someone had been working on the receiver at some time and really
smashed the IF can closest to the back panel (probably by putting the
receiver's weight on it at an angle) so that it's unrepairable.

The rest of the receiver is up for grabs for just the cost of shipping.

All the tubes check OK (one 6SG7 is a bit low but works) - cosmetically it's
not bad - several knobs are not original.

Still, for just the cost of shipping the tubes alone are worth it.

If nobody wants it I'll remove the obviously re-useable parts and junk the
rest of the receiver.

Hate to see it go in the trash!

Please let me know if you want it. If you look at shipping, figure a weight
of approximately 26 pounds from ZIP code 87114.

My preferred shipper is FedEx since with them I've experienced the least
loss and breakage - but I'll ship however you wish.

Thanks !

Mike/

K5MGR

Mike Langner