[Boatanchors] RK-65/5D32 Grounded Grid Amp and Homemade Viking PA tuning clone

Michael Tauson wh7hg.hi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 20:06:47 EDT 2012

Primus: There is a pair of RK-65s waiting for me to be able to slide them
into my budget.  At some point, there was mention of using them in a GG
linear but I can’t remember where I saw it.  Since they’d make a decent
Laudenboomer for pretty much everywhere from 160 to 10m without requiring a
whole lot of drive, I’d like to chase that down and see what kind of
problems I may encounter.

Secundus: I was looking at an article on line recently regarding a homebrew
rig.  The builder had copied the Viking combination roller coil & variable
cap arrangement to tune the PA.  I thought I bookmarked or saved the article
but I can’t find it now and I’m hoping one of you fine people can steer me
to it again.

Mahalo nui loa.

Best regards,

Michael, WH7HG, A&P 1803851

Note to self: Need more henchmen, good ones this time.  Also, start
auditions for new female lab assistant.

 <http://www.nationalmssociety.org/chapters/NTH/index.aspx>
http://www.nationalmssociety.org/chapters/NTH/index.aspx

 <http://wh7hg.blogspot.com/> http://wh7hg.blogspot.com/