[Boatanchors] Mystery S-76

Chris Kepus ckepus at comcast.net
Sat Apr 21 16:39:35 EDT 2012

Hi All:

Still looking for a reply about my need for a SX-43 or SX-42 Bandspread
variable cap.

Re: Mystery S-76.   Maybe you have a s-76.  Maybe you've looked through
Chuck Dachis' wonderful Hallicrafters books to see if there are other
variants.

I invite you to join me in looking at a S-76 that I'm pretty sure no one has
ever seen...except those drooling at the picture of the "new" S-76 as shown
in the Allied 1951 catalog.

Check it out at http://www.flickr.com/photos/w7jpg/sets/72157629497847208/

Did anyone ever see one of these up close and personal?

While you're there, check out the ME-398/U Electronic voltmeter, which is
part of AN/USM 345.  Anyone ever see or use one of these? I am trying to
track down a manual to buy, not rent.

Thanks,
73,
Chris