[Boatanchors] Fwd: radio

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 11:33:56 EDT 2012

In the case of Hallicrafters, the "X" could have just indicated that there was some sort of crystal in the radio.  Both the SX-140 and the SX-101 series did have a crystal calibrator!

The HQ series was made by Hammarlund.  Most, but not all, of the Hammarlund receivers with a crystal filter had an "X" at the end of the model number.  A notable exception is the SP-600 series.  Those with an "X" in the model number such as the SP-600-JX-17, had the ability to have the frequency crystal controlled.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com