[Boatanchors] Problem solved...probably. FW: Question for Weston 269 Meter

William Morton w_b_morton at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 30 11:09:07 EST 2012

Hello All,
I ended up buying a couple meters from that auction site and spent last night calibrating the first one that has already arrived.  While the information I found on the model 269 indicated 1 mA full scale, a rig set up with a 1.5v battery and linear pot gave me something on the order of 50 mA full scale.  Hmm... the meter moves smoothly and the scale on this particular meter is - surprise! - 50 mA.  Perhaps this particular meter was an earlier version or a modified example with a different sensitivity.
In any case, I am able to remove the outer cover and can see the scale plate is held by two screws.  Should be a simple matter of swapping out the scale plates and moving along with the project.  A learning experience, to be sure.
Happy New Year to All!
Best Regards,
William