[Boatanchors] Problem solved...probably. FW: Question for Weston 269 Meter

William Morton w_b_morton at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 30 17:33:05 EST 2012

Hello All,
David, thank you very much for detailed explanation of meter substitution.  I imagine this exercise has been second nature to many on the BA list but I will admit it is a new adventure for me.
In my case, I am making something from scratch and do not necessarily have to worry about ensuring the meter's sensitivity is above a specific value.  All I need it to do is reliably measure something under 500V, specifically the ~450V plate of an 807 tube.  I have not yet measured the internal resistance of this new meter and that will be next on my list.  With my luck, the second meter I bought will be 1mA f.s. and I will have to horse around with two sets of calculations in order to use them both properly.  Will definitely need to keep track of which is which during assembly...
Bry and Ron, thanks for your comments as well.  I will compare this new meter with the old (blown) ones to see any differences in internal shunt configurations.  And I will be extremely careful when swapping the scale plates - goodness knows I do not need any more damaged meters around here.
Take care, everyone, and Happy New Year.
Best Regards,
William