[Boatanchors] Re SX-130 question

Fuqua, Bill L wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Wed Feb 1 23:44:19 EST 2012

The SX130 should be superior to the earlier generation receivers.
With a product detector there should be no need to have a larger
BFO signal than IF.  The two are directly mixed by multiplying the two
sine waves, thus the term product detector.
  If I can find time I will plug mine in and see how it performs.
A bit busy now with guest in the house and teaching classes and work
schedule.
  Another thing is that the 130 has a very unusual crystal filter.
I need to take a closer look at it.

73
Bill wa4lav