[Boatanchors] FS: Hallicrafters SX-24 Receiver

David Hollander n7rk at cox.net
Sun Mar 4 22:17:26 EST 2012

I have Hallicrafters SX-24 for sale. The price is $175 plus shipping. I
will ship international.

This radio is in nice condition for a 65 year old receiver. The front
panel silk screening looks very good and it has all of the correct
knobs. It has a bit of overspray on the top of the radio. The crystal
filter does work. I did receive stations on the broadcast band and some
of the short wave bands. I was able to hear my signal generator on the
higher frequencies as the bands were dead. This receiver will need
electrical restoration as it appears to be all original under the
chassis. Includes a photocopy of the manual.

Here is a short video of the receiver listening to the AM broadcast
band, WWV on 5, 10 and 2.5 MHz, 49 meter short wave and a few other
things. The antenna used was a 30 foot piece of wire outside my shop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3clVNMhyvw&feature=player_embedded

Pictures:
http://n7rk.com/radiostuff9/hallisx24.jpg
http://n7rk.com/radiostuff9/hallisx242.jpg
http://n7rk.com/radiostuff9/hallisx243.jpg
http://n7rk.com/radiostuff9/hallisx244.jpg
http://n7rk.com/radiostuff9/hallisx245.jpg
http://n7rk.com/radiostuff9/hallisx246.jpg
http://n7rk.com/radiostuff9/hallisx247.jpg

Thanks for looking.

73,

Dave N7RK
Dave  N7RK          Boatanchors Home Page: http://n7rk.com
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#22 - 75 Meter SSB*

ex-XE2/N7RK, N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX

Boatanchor and Antique Radio Collector