[Boatanchors] Opinions sought on Harvey Wells TBS-50C

George Maier George at maiergroup.com
Mon Mar 12 12:48:51 EDT 2012

Wally:
If you have the C version, it should have a mic pre-amp built-in, which
means you can use a high impedance crystal or dynamic mic. IMHO - treat
the TBS as a back up rig only, a DX-100 is a much better choice if you
have one.  If you do decide to use the TBS, replace C16 ASAP, they're
notorious for shorting out which puts B+ on the RF output connector. I
never understood why they didn't shunt feed the pi-network to keep B+
off the bandswitch.

73, George - W1LSB.