[Boatanchors] Preamp

Michael A. Bittner mmab at cox.net
Mon Oct 15 22:29:18 EDT 2012

OK, then I assume that the relay in the Palomar automatically connects the transceiver direct to the antenna and cuts the preamp out of this path when the transceiver transmiits.  You sure wouldn't want any delay there.  The leaves the time from when the transceiver stops transmitting to when the the preamp is reconnected back into the path from antenna to transceiver.  So why would you want to put in any delay there?  Especially with an uncalibrated dial?
Mike, W6MAB