[Boatanchors] any users of 813 amps out there?

Wilson Lamb infomet at embarqmail.com
Sun Sep 30 08:16:51 EDT 2012

Not sure why you're having trouble.  The literature is full of 813 stuff, because they were everywhere after the war.  Maybe you aren't searching back far enough.  Try early 50s handbooks and QST.  I'll check later.  I remember one article by a guy who had three amps on three bands.  He switched the filaments to change bands.

And remember, any schematics for 807s, 6146s, etc, have the basics.  Proper bypassing, especially the screens, and proper management of screen V and I are important.  You're talking class C, for CW and AM, very efficient.  Being inear with grid drive, is a bit more complicated.
I grew up with Eimac tubes, because we had generous family friends, and I like them a lot, but the 813 is a tough old tube and can work very well.

Wilson
W4BOH