[Boatanchors] BLAST FROM THE PAST

Bry Carling bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Mon Aug 19 04:09:18 EDT 2013

I wonder how many here will remember Dave Booth KC6WFS?

Here he is at a field operation for some event or contest out oin W6 land with me, AF4K
in the 1980s.  ( I think!) It;s been a long time ago anyway.  You see me, Bry Carling, AF4K
(G3XLQ) on the left, with my back to camera, and Dave is on the right.

I think this was in a parking lot somewhere in a park somewhere in Orange County, CA.  The
local ham club had done a great job setting up this large blue tent with tables for all of the
radio positions, antennas, generators, refreshments and other accoutrements.

I was out there in W6-land with my job, and visited G3WUW, Allan Papworth at this operating
event.  I just happened to find Dave there. He was big fan of the Glowbugs and Boatanchors,
unlike Allan so we had a lot in common and enjoyed a pleasant visit.

http://www.af4k.com/imag/ham/AF4K_KC6WFS.jpg