[Boatanchors] Audio Amplifiers (And, no, I'm not an audiophool!)

Michael Tauson wh7hg.hi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 25 19:40:30 EST 2013

Sooo ... I checked out Line Level at Wikipedia and what usually happens
happened.  I wound up following links to other pages which lead to more
pages and I spent a good part of the morning getting an education in
subjects I'll likely never use but were enjoyable to read anyway.

And then I went to Fun With Tubes and the same thing happened.  I'd
forgotten that site (terrible mistake, I know) so it was quite enjoyable
getting caught up on things of a hollow nature.

As I mentioned to someone in email, I'm in a financial situation due to
massive cash outlay for computers - a memory replacement for this machine
(my laptop), a replacement for a machine that let all its smoke out and a
new hopped up gaming machine to manage the graphics & video aspects of the
Noelle AV Project* of which the audio amp is part.  As a result, I have to
use what I have on hand as far as possible which I think means the only
thing I should need to buy are the output transformers and power supply
chokes.  (Actually I need power supply & audio chokes for everything since
that cupboard is totally barren.)

* The Noelle AV Project is designed to let my daughter and me be together in
a digital universe since we can't be in this one for a while.  She's
terminally ill and while she acknowledges she needs Daddy, she doesn't want
me to see her as she is now but rather remember the happy, lovely, lively
girl I raised as a single parent.  She just turned 36 and if she lives to
see 40 we'll take it as a miracle ... although she's stubborn and is a
fighter which improves her odds rather a lot.  Anyway, the project entails
3D graphics and animations kind of like the animated movies but at a far
lower and more affordable level.  Even so, it requires a very hot machine to
handle and going into debt was the only way I could manage getting one.  For
anyone or anything else, I wouldn't bother but for Noelle ... well, she
trumps everything else, especially now.

Mele Kalikimaka me ka Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!

Michael, K3MXO, BL01hx15np24 ... or there abouts
Note to self: Hire new henchmen.  Good ones this time.  Also start
interviews for attractive female lab assistant.
http://www.nationalmssociety.org/chapters/NTH/index.aspx
http://wh7hg.blogspot.com/
http://kludges-other-blog.blogspot.com
Hiki Nô!