[Boatanchors] FS Cubic Astro 103 Transceiver

Charlie Hugg k5mbx at suddenlink.net
Fri Jan 18 14:33:31 EST 2013

For Sale Cubic Astro 103 with duel PTOs. This transceiver is in very good
condition cosmetically. It is from a non smoking environment. I got it from
an estate and did not get a power cord or power supply. I have not checked
it out, but there is a ribbon cable unplugged from the PTO, so it probably
needs work. Appears complete.  The 103 is a solid state 100 watt mil-spec
transceiver made by Cubic Communications . They are the company that bought
out Swan in the late 70\'s but this is not your normal Swan. Covers WARC
bands and comes with speech presser. Has IF gain control RF gain control and
variable AGC that is very handy. MIL-SPEC boards, Great receiver and plenty
of talk power. Look at the comments in E-ham. $ 450.00 plus shipping. Very
few produced back in the day but a real sleeper when it comes to
performance. I can send you pixs. Thanks, Charlie Hugg, K5MBX