[Boatanchors] Cubic Astro (Swan) 102bx DC Connector pin-out?

qrv at kd4e.com qrv at kd4e.com
Mon Jul 1 11:14:08 EDT 2013

The pins are not numbered on the chassis connector and the
Service Manual fails to provide the usual pin-out image.

I cannot find the matching Molex connector online (it is not
the same as the 6-pin used on some more modern gear.)

The pins are listed:

Pin 1  13.6 V DC
Pin 2  Ground
Pin 3  Ground (used for accessories)
Pin 4  13.6 V DC
Pin 5  Ground
Pin 6  13.6 V DC (DC fused for 3 amps (used for accessories)

The pins on the side of the illustration below (on the right
side, marked "key") appear to go to ground but I'd sure like
some confirmation so I don't guess wrong and smoke the rig!

In this ascii illustration there are also corner keys at the
top and bottom of the left side (looking at the rear of the
chassis).

#
  () ()
         < key
  () ()
         < key
  () ()
#

FYI: The free PDF Service Manual download is here:

http://www.ko4bb.com/Manuals/08)_Misc_Ham_Equipment/Swan_Astro-102BX__Service_Manual.pdf

--

Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com

David Colburn - Nevils, Georgia USA