[Boatanchors] FS: Transmitter, Radio T-366A/ARC

William Morton w_b_morton at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 27 15:15:26 EDT 2013

Hello All,

I have one of these in its original military packing box, which was then enclosed in a foil/cloth bag.  The box has all but the top folded pieces of cardboard cushion/bracing and all of this was found in an open condition.  (The foil/cloth bag is cut open, no longer intact.)

The unit itself is in very good physical condition.  There is a blue shop tag attached with a date stamp of 'NOV 7 xxxx' (the year is illegible) and there is a stamp in the MFP INSPECTION box.  The NOMENCLATURE box has the following typed in it:

5821-503-3434
2C669
T-366A/ARC

121851
RS 117R
FIA-391
$155.00

The large metal tag on the front has the following:

TRANSMITTER, RADIO T-366A/ARC
SERIAL NO. 374
AIRCRAFT RADIO CORP
BOONTON, N.J.
ORDER NO. 31231 - PHILA - 55
U.S.
28V D.C.

The smaller metal tag on the front has:

28 VOLTS

There are 4 tubes on the inside (all 5763) and they do look used, judging by some darker areas in the silvered areas on the top.  The 5 crystals are: KC 6750, 121.7 MC, 6772.222 KC, KC 6783.333, KC 6805.555.  The crystal packages are in the larger plastic configuration.  The 121.7 MC crystal is hermetically sealed while the other crystals have two screws fastening the top covers to the crystal containers.

The unit is nicely painted in light gray wrinkle finish paint.  The paint is nearly mint with only a couple of tiny nicks towards the rear of the left side and evidence of a touch-up job, about 1/8" square on the upper left side towards the front.  The coax couplings are tarnished, not surprising, but the larger connectors and microphone jack show no corrosion.  All other screws look great.  The only defect I see is a small warp along the top left side of the box.  This has no effect on how the top cover is attached.  This is a visual defect only and is not noticeable from a stand-off distance.

I think $50, including shipment via USPS Parcel Post is reasonable.  It would be my intention to ship it in its original box as it fits so well.

Any takers?

Best Regards,

William