[Boatanchors] type 83 mercury vapor tube

Garey Barrell k4oah at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 6 21:09:23 EST 2013

Joe -

Your tube is probably just fine.  The blue glow only appears when current is being drawn.  In the
Hickok no current is drawn until you 'push a button' as part of a tube test.

The glow is also directly affected by the amount of current passed, so try testing a power tube with
the case off, I bet you see the blue glow!

73, Garey - K4OAH
Glen Allen, VA

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs