[Boatanchors] type 83 mercury vapor tube

Mark Van Buskirk markvan at surewest.net
Wed Mar 6 23:18:50 EST 2013

You may have better luck seeing the purple haze with a load applied. Try
testing a 6L6 or something significant while looking at the 83.

If you still get zipp, I may be able to help you out. At one time, I got
into collecting 83's of different brands and still have more than a few. All
test new on my Hickok 600 or 533.

I had not checked prices on ebay in quite a while and was surprised what
they are going for now. Probably some new audio fad.

Mark