[Boatanchors] Interminable Hum!

Bry Carling bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Fri May 31 13:48:37 EDT 2013

IF touching the shield on that 6AW8 reduces the hum, try touching the chassis. Does that
reduce the hum?

If it does, then I think you may have a grounding problem.

Does your radio have an old style  two wire plug? Try reversing the plug.

Does your radio have a THREE-wire AC cord on it? If not, you should replace it with one that
does. That way you can have a proper safety ground and a better AF/RF ground than
whatever path it is finding now.