[Boatanchors] Question for Early Texas Instrument Transistor

William Morton w_b_morton at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 3 01:45:56 EDT 2013

Hello All,

Anyone have links/tech sheets for an early TI transistor?

The marking on one side of the can is:

119
1490 A

The other side of the can has the TI logo.

The box it came is is labeled for military use.  Here is the printing on the box:

5960-754-5452
1 EA. TRANSISTOR
AF33(600)38975 (CDPO 149)
MELPAR, INC. (MFG/CONTR)
R240028-2  ITEM NO. 063310
A/GROUP-5 MIL-E-75C
FRAGILE 5/61

My web search led me to the following conclusions:

*The '110' marking on the can is a date code (11th week, 1959), which is plausible based on the 5/61 marking on the box (which I am assuming is also a date code).

*Contract AF33(600)38975 is related to the B58 Hustler program.

*Melpar was a defense contractor during the cold war.

Unfortunately I cannot find what type of transistor was designated 1490 or 1490 A.

Thanks in advance for any helpful comments/links.

Best Regards,

William