[Boatanchors] Aircraft headsets with boom mics

Michael Tauson wh7hg.hi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 22:54:16 EDT 2013

Hello smart people, especially civilian airplane drivers from the 60s
through 90s with a good memory.

I have a complete FES-1240 NavCom as what came out of a 1960 or so Cessna
310 in 1996.  It was replaced by equipment able to comply with the new rules
that went into effect on 1 Jan 1997 and sat in a closet until around 5 years
ago when it landed in my lap.  All 120 pounds of dual NavCom, ADF and all
the rest.  Anyway, the game plan is to set it up like it was in a real
airplane and for that I need two things.  Well, three actually but two for
now.  What I need is to know what headset/boom mic sets would have been used
during that time frame that I can get now for cheap?  With that, where would
the jacks been to plug them in?

While I’m thinking of it, has anyone seen any of the components for the CD-1
and CD-2 Course Directors that would have been used with that setup?  As you
may understand, there’s not a whole lot in the way of aircraft boneyards
around here so the pickings approach none at all.

Best regards,

Michael, K3MXO, A&P 1803851

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the
experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination
to do so." - Douglas Adams

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/chapters/NTH/index.aspx

http://wh7hg.blogspot.com/

http://kludges-other-blog.blogspot.com