[Boatanchors] Tube Base Glue

Scott Johnson scottjohnson1 at cox.net
Sat Oct 12 18:07:10 EDT 2013

I don't think soureisen was used, except on high power tubes where it could
be cured (fired).  The basing and cap cement contains phenolic resin,
shellac, rosin, marble flour, denatured alcohol, malachite green and
silicone resin.  It was cured for about an hour at 150-190 C.  (from RCA
Electron Tube Design (1962).  I find that many of the Hysol industrial
epoxies work well, and cure quickly if the tube is operated after
application.

Scott W7SVJ