[Boatanchors] Leeds Radio: RE: Going to NYC: Any Good Surplus Stores?

William Morton w_b_morton at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 20 10:04:35 EDT 2013

Hello All,

Thanks again for everyone's shopping suggestions - especially to Steve.  I did get a couple hours of free time to take the subway over to Brooklyn and check out Leeds radio.

The place is huge, dusty, dirty, and a digger's paradise.  I told him I was looking for some ammeters in the range of 0 - 250 mA and he pointed right down the first aisle.  "From here down to that ladder."  After a few minutes of digging around, I found a pair of old stock Triplett meters with dual scale 0-15/0-300 mA.  The range was more than I was looking for but they are quite pretty.

Mr. Richard Matthews is quite personable and we spent a few minutes chatting about travel, projects, and whatnot.  I could have spent the entire day there just looking at neat old stuff.  Mr. Matthews told me it was not uncommon for someone to stay there for the entire span of business hours.

(The business hours stated on the website are 10 am to 4 pm.  I wanted to be there right when it opened but
perhaps my watch was set 45 minutes fast.  If anyone is planning to
visit, please keep that in mind.)

Best Regards,

William