[Boatanchors] Fest of Hams Upcoming

Michael Tauson wh7hg.hi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 18:56:53 EDT 2013

On 14 September there’ll be a hamfest here on the island which I plan to
attend.  As is known already, my relationship with the ham community at
large here (or even medium & small) is not precisely cordial for a variety
of reasons that don’t bear repeating so it will be interesting to see if I’m
not asked to leave.  On the chance I won’t, I’ll be in my usual state
(unshaven & toothless) on a walker and with maybe $20 in my pocket.  All
things considered, that may even be overkill since I’m an “under the table
surplus & junque” type with an “ARC in general and command set specifically”
fetish.  Since my current primary search is for GF/RU components and some
SCR-A*-183 components, both command equipment but a generation prior to the
better known ones, including the required tubes (VT-52s/45 Specials
anyone?), I rather expect to not find anything.

Memo to me: remember to make up the full list of needs for the ARC displays.

Fun part will be figuring out which building it’s in.  Google maps was
terribly helpful in pointing the address to the middle of an intersection.

Gee, I hope they don’t ask to see my license.  I rarely carry it with me
since I don’t have any reason to.  Maybe I’ll use the larger one since it
goes in the van.

Best regards,

Michael, K3MXO, A&P 1803851 Ph: 1-866-733-0218

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the
experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination
to do so." - Douglas Adams

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/chapters/NTH/index.aspx

http://wh7hg.blogspot.com/

http://kludges-other-blog.blogspot.com