[Boatanchors] 2C39 Tubes

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 19 23:36:49 EDT 2014

The Motorola T-44A- series used one 2C39 as a tripler/driver and the other as the final amplifier.  Towards the end, Motorola started supplying 3CX100A-5 / 7289 tubes instead of the glass 2C39 tubes.

During my junior year at Georgia Tech, when I worked for the Motorola Service Station in Atlanta, Georgia, they had a service contract with a garbage pickup service that used the T-44AAV-3000 series equipment.  Being "low man on the totem pole", I usually got the "honor" of working on those units.  I swear that the drivers had more, well aged, garbage in the cabs of the trucks than in the back!  After working on some of those trucks, everyone gave me a "wide berth"!

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com