[Boatanchors] FW: MCM 6L6GC Tubes for $15.99

Mike Langner mlangner at swcp.com
Thu Dec 4 18:55:49 EST 2014

Yep !

The guitar amplifier and the "golden ears" tube-type stereo guys go "ga-ga"
over these things.

I have a brother-in-law who's one of the "golden ears."

I gave him a handful of 12AX7's -- he was able to describe how each
different tube favored different musical instruments -- claiming he could
clearly hear the difference.

Of course, these guys invariably fail "blind testing" generally claiming
that the rest of us just don't understand --

Amplifier guru Bob Carver challenged the "golden ears" of Stereophile
magazine to tell if they were listening to multi-thousand dollar amps or his
much more inexpensive one in blind tests.  They couldn't.  As a result, he
was banned from ever advertising in Stereophile magazine again.  Check it
out at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Carver .

For best results, align the plane of your output tubes with the North Star
--

And these guys are real!!

Mike/
K5MGR