[Boatanchors] Testing 01A and 301A tubes

Joe W2KJ w2kj at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 19 15:49:52 EST 2014

I just picked up a nice Atwater Kent 20 receiver (big box) and checked the filaments of the tubes and they were OK...so far so good.

I have a Hickok 752A tube tester but there is no listing for these tubes.....there is a 4 pin socket on the 752A in which the tubes will plug in and fit.

I've seen where folks have tested these tubes on a TV7 (essentially same circuit as 752A).

Any suggestions on how to test these tubes on my 752A?

Settings in particular??

Many thanks for any assistance...I'd like to get this fine receiver back up on the air again.

			73, Joe W2KJ