[Boatanchors] Elmac AF-67 - Is V2 only for NFM?

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 1 12:01:06 EST 2014

I restored an AF-67 last year (2013).  The results are on the 2nd page at

http://k9sth.com/uploads/Even_more_recent_restoration_projects.pdf

The rig works pretty well.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

On Wednesday, January 1, 2014 10:19 AM, "W4AWM at aol.com" <W4AWM at aol.com> wrote:

Happy New Year, David,

I have not been into an AF-67 in years but had this happen with 2 of them
way back and it is something to watch for:

If the rig will not work on 75 and possibly other bands,  check the  leads
at the base of the plate coil, which I recall come out of a box on the  left
hand side of the chassis looking at it from the front.  They are very  hard
to see but I found a break in one of them on two different rigs. In  both
cases, the symptom was that the rig would not load on 75.

Have fun with your ' 67, it's a great little rig!

73,

John,  W4AWM