[Boatanchors] antenna question

RAY FRIESS rayfrijr at msn.com
Thu Jan 16 15:57:02 EST 2014

a folded dipole will need a 4:1 balun for feeding with coax ... or just straight coax feed?

Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 12:43:25 -0800
From: gzook at yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Boatanchors] antenna question
To: jack at n7oo.com; rayfrijr at msn.com; boatanchors at puck.nether.net

OO:
The entire driven element.

ITZ:
My 2-meter yagi started out as a Cush-Craft and the gamma match got into very poor condition.  I replaced the driven element with a folded dipole with the 2:1 rod diameter ratio.  My 222 MHz yagi
 still has the original gamma match.  Basically, the type of match used on the driven element really doesn't matter.
I obtained my 6-meter beam, along with other things, and there was no indication of the manufacturer.  It resembled the Cush-Craft but there were a few things different.  The driven element was in very poor condition and the gamma match was in even worse condition. Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com