[Boatanchors] Radio Merit Badge

Robert Lawson w4rl at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 20 01:32:16 EDT 2014

John,

Yes, that's my point.  I'd think any Boy Scout youngsters with the Radio
Merit Badge should be a 'shoe-in' for a Tech license any time any day
per the FCC.   I know there must be many Scouts that have that badge
presently.  And they so need to be nurtured into the ranks by Ham Clubs
in contact with their local Boy Scout Headquarters per proper protocol.

At my age now I'd flunk that merit badge evaluation in a New York second
I'm sure.  <Grin>  Our ranks must remember that teaching inquisitive
youth is paramount.   These youngsters with the support of their Scout
Leaders and Parents need to be "Elmer'ed". And to carry on the (as we
all know) the greatest hobby and service known all over the world.

73,

Robert W4RL

PS Those young men are out there waiting for someone or group to guide
and grow them into the ranks.