[Boatanchors] Allied Radio Catalogs

john johnmb at nc.rr.com
Mon Mar 3 18:54:00 EST 2014

I looked through some of these but didn't find what I recall seeing as a
kid. SOMEwhere in one of these catalogs, there's a picture of a Star Roamer
with a drawing of the Eiffel tower in the background, along with a
policeman talking into a microphone and maybe a fire truck rushing
somewhere important. Anyone else recall that image?

Time does funny things in 50 yrs, but I seem to recall it being in color
too. I ordered the Star Roamer from that catalog and would love to re-read
it lo these many years hence.   I got to stare at it for about 4 weeks as
fulfillment was not the 24 hour turn around event we all take for granted
these days.

73
John K5MO

---