[Boatanchors] Waste Not Want Not: Qty 5 866 / 866A Tubes

William w_b_morton at hotmail.com
Sat May 3 13:08:52 EDT 2014

Hello All,

Have been wondering what sort of project could use these things and concluded any such activity would be years down the road.  Why have them sit here when they could be sitting at your place or, better yet, being put to use on your project?

I have qty 5 866/866A tubes that have been tested on a TV-7 and found to be good.  If my notes are correct, 40 is the minimum for this tester.  Here are the details:

1.  JAN 866A/866 VT-46A Radiotron made in Australia.  Measured 62.
2.  JAN 866A/866 VT-46A Radiotron made in Australia.  Measured 60.
3.  RCA 866A/866, old logo silver print on base.  Measured 58.
4.  RCA 866A/866, old logo silver print on base.  Measured the same as #3 at 58.
5.  RCA 866A Radiotron Electron Tube silver print on base.  Measured 68.

Note that one of the old logo RCA tubes has a couple of chunks of something (glass chip?) on the inside.  Right now they are stuck to the inside of the tube.  As these tubes are operated in the vertical position, I would doubt this would be a problem.  If nothing else, it will make a fine display tube.

I can ship these via a USPS Large Flat Rate Box ($17.45) as that will allow for sufficient padding.  Pay for shipping and they are yours.  PayPal to w_b_morton(at)hotmail.com.

Best Regards,

William