[Boatanchors] Tube shields

Michael k3mxo.hi at gmail.com
Sun May 25 20:12:58 EDT 2014

Note that the only good ones are the IERC shields made to MIL-S-9372 specs.
Of those, only the ones which were made on alternate Tuesdays that coincide
with a new moon between the hours of 7:14 AM and 1:23 PM are worth having.
The others made to this spec resonate imperceptibly at frequencies between
516 Hz and 2.16 kHz.  This resonance is impossible to see on any test
equipment.  Only a true expert's ear can hear it.  Other IERC shields also
have resonance issues, mostly at negative frequencies which cancel out the
positive counterparts in music thus leaving the music sounding hollow and
unfulfilled.  Non-IERC shields sound metallic and aren't worth the metal
they're made from.

Best Regards,

Michael, K3MXO, CBLA #6, BL01hx15np24 ... or there abouts
What was the greatest thing before sliced bread?
http://www.nationalmssociety.org/chapters/NTH/index.aspx
http://wh7hg.blogspot.com/
http://kludges-other-blog.blogspot.com
Hiki Nô!