[Boatanchors] FS: Various UTC Variable Inductors
w_b_morton at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 27 14:37:17 EST 2014
First, Happy Thanksgiving to all. I hope your holiday is fun, relaxing, and enjoyable.
Cleaning out a closet and came across a selection of UTC variable inductors from an estate/moving sale. Selling as a batch to avoid a flurry of emails and to keep it simple (for me, anyway).
Here are the descriptions. Note: Ratings for #1 thru #3 are from spec sheet or attached labels. Ratings for #4 and #5 are from http://vintagevacuumaudio.com/vintage-magazines/audio/1955-12-audio.pdf
1. VI-C17, mean Hys = 13, DC MA max = 4. This one is NOS in the original wrapping and cute little box. Includes the original data sheet.
2. VI-C16, mean Hys = 8.5, DC MA max = 5. Used
3. Qty 2, HVC-5, .07 to .7 HY, 1V 1KC ODC, 22 ohm, WV 175PK. Used as pulled from movie theater sound equipment.
4. HVC-9, Min HY = 3.0, Mean HY = 10, Max HY = 30
5. HVC-11, Min HY = 20, Mean HY = 60, Max HY = 200
All have been tested for continuity. Unfortunately I do not have an accurate way to measure their inductance.
Based what I see on that auction site, these things can go for ~$20 each. Seems a bit much.
Any interest at $60 for all, including shipping via USPS Small Flat Rate Box? As it is a holiday, I will wait a day or two and then put them up for auction if no interest.
More information about the Boatanchors