[Boatanchors] Any Interest? Large Glass Capacitor

William w_b_morton at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 30 16:26:19 EST 2014

Hello All,

The title says it all.  Well, most of it anyway.

I have a large glass capacitor measuring 3" wide (at its widest point) by 6 1/2" tall (including connecting studs).  The glass is clear and the interior copper is clean and shiny.  The label on the rim says 'VC 12-20M'.  Looks like this one:  http://www.tedss.com/VC1220M/?gclid=CKW-xqmdo8ICFa1zMgodlAcASw  I must be lucky as that site says there is a limited quantity left in stock.  Oh my!

If I squint at the somwhat worn/missing stamped label on one end of the cap, I could convince myself that the words say 'DOLINKO-WILKENS' from some town in NJ.  The stamped label on the other end is illegible.  I will say the picture at the above link is an accurate visual representation.

Based on the description in the link, the rating is 12 pf, 20000V.  I do not have anything that can test up to 20kV and I don't trust my chintzy capacitance meter at such low measurements.

Any interest at $40, shipping included?  If no responses are received in a day or so, I will put it up for auction.

Best Regards,

William