[Boatanchors] FS WWII BC-348R communications receiver

Charlie Hugg k5mbx at suddenlink.net
Wed Sep 17 14:22:09 EDT 2014

FS WWII BC-348R communications receiver made for the Signal Corps by Belmont
Radio Corporation. Frequency range 200-500kc and 1.5-18Mc. Dynamotor has
been replaced with an AC power supply. Working condition with no AC hum. BFO
works and it receives AM and CW. Cosmetically very clean. The chassis looks
almost new. The cabinet has been repainted and Font Panel modified to
include a S-Meter. It has a Spinner Knob from a Viking II transmitter. The
front panel controls all have metal label tags above them. This is from an
estate from a ham that was active right after WWI and represents typical
modifications done to these receivers during that time. It is in really good
working and cosmetic condition. The only thing that I notice that was not
working is the S-Meter. I will include a mobile type speaker that works well
with the receiver. Pictures available. Price is $245 plus shipping. Thanks,
Charlie Hugg, K5MBX