[Boatanchors] Transceivers, Tubes, SWR Bridge, and more FS

Ken, W8EK kenw8ek at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 13:21:37 EDT 2015

Boatanchor Items For Sale:

Gonset 2 meter Communicator IV Transceiver, Drake UV-3
transceiver, "Micro Match" SWR Bridge, various tubes, Low
Pass TVI Filters, Power Supplies, and more

Gonset 2 meter Communicator IV:

This vintage unit is in extremely nice condition.  I brought
it up slow on a variac, and all is well.  No hum evident!

The receiver works as it should.  I listened to a local net using
a dummy load.  The transmitter puts out just under 15 watts.

Cosmetically, the unit is extremely nice.  No major defects,
although I will guarantee you will find some dust.

This one includes the 120 V AC power cord, paper work, and a
spare final tube (remember when we all kept a spare final "just
in case"?).

Only $125. Pick up near Ocala FL would be great, but it can be
shipped if needed, which is obviously not included for $125.

Classic Drake UV-3, 2 meter/440 MHz FM Transceiver:

The UV-3 was manufactured by the R.L.Drake Company in
Miamisburg Ohio in the late 1970's. It is a classic!
It is one of the first fully synthesized rigs covering both the
2 meter and 440 MHz bands, and optionally 220 MHz.

Frequency coverage is 144-148 MHz and 440-450 MHz.
It has exceptional adjacent channel and intermodulation rejection
due to having a six pole crystal filter and eight pole ceramic
filters.

Sub-audible CTCSS PL tones were not originally included with the
UV-3, but this unit has a Comm Specs TE-32 mounted on top of it
to produce all of the tones, selectable by a switch.

This transceiver works 100% as best I can determine on 2 m and 440
MHz and is in extremely good cosmetic condition. It has the 220 MHz
option, which does not appear to work.

It includes the original Drake hand mic, power cord, and paper
work for $350.

M C Jones "Micro Match" MM-1:

The "Micro Match" is one of the very, very early SWR bridges.
It is made by M C Jones Electronics of Bristol, Conn. I do not
know the exact vintage, but would guess in the 1940's or 50's.
The MM-1 is certainly related to the more common Model 261,
262, and 263 units. Paper work from them is included, since
they are similar.

This unit has both SO-239 and BNC connectors on each side, in
parallel, so that either can be used. A toggle switch is on top
(for forward/reflected power, I assume), with a range switch on
the left, and SWR adjust control on the right, and the meter in
the middle.

Own this vintage piece of equipment for only $25.

Homebrew 3 to 150 MHz SWR Bridge:
This unit will cover the HF bands (not including 160 meters), and
also 2 meters and 6 meters. It is a well constructed homebrew unit
measuring about 4 x 4 by 2 1/2 inches (plus knob and connectors).
SO-239 connectors are on the side.
It works fine and looks fine as well. $12

Transmitting Tubes and related items:

All of the following are NOS (New, old stock) to the
best of my knowledge. The silver plating on some items
is dark due to normal oxidation.

Johnson 124-110 socket
For 4CX150, 250, 300, 350, etc. $25

Eimac 4X150 A tube - $15

Eimac 4-250 tube - $40
Fits same socket as 4-400, 3-400, 3-500, etc.

Set of four Sweep Tubes for linear amplifiers:

I have a set of four 6MJ6 / 6LQ6 / 6JE6 sweep tubes. These
tubes are used in many linear amplifiers, such as the Dentron
GLA-1000 and the Ameritron AL-84, among others. These tubes
are getting harder and harder to find!  $100

Solid State 5U4 Rectifiers:

These are solid state replacements for 5U4 vacuum tube
rectifiers. Basically it is a glob of epoxy with an
octal base to plug into the original 5U4 socket. The
silk screen on the base says "S-5U4 Silicon Rectifier
Tube Replacement."

Two are available for $15 each.

Low Pass TVI Filters:

A low pass TVI filter is added to the transmitter to reduce harmonic
interference. All of these have SO-239 connectors in and out, and
are 50 ohm filters.

Johnson 250-20
This cylindrical low pass filter has a cut off frequency of 45 MHz,
75 db attenuation, and is adjustable. Rated at 1000 W AM, or 5000 W
PEP SSB. It is adjustable so you can get rid of more TVI, and is
rated to handle higher power. A real win-win situation. $30

B & W 425 (same as FL-10/1500)
Cuts off just above 10 meters, and handles 1500 Watts.
Newer case style, $30.
Older, more rugged copper style case, painted gray. $35

Drake TV-1000-LP
This filter may also be used on the low end of six meters, as well
as on HF. It is good for 1000 W below 30 MHz, and about 200 W up to
52 MHz. $30

Avanti AV-800
It says that the 3 db cutoff frequency is 43 MHz, and that it is
especially useful for Channel 2 and 5 interference. It also says
it is rated at 1000 Watts, but it looks more like 500 to 600 Watts
realistically. $20

Gold Line
Not much info other than it says for use from 0 to 30 MHz, and it
is rated at 1000 Watts. Again, I would say 500 to 600 watts. $18

Para Dynamics PDC 1089
This filter is rated at a full Kilowatt, up to 30 MHz. In 5 x 6 x 2
inch black box, instead of a long enclosure. $22

Eico 751 AC power supply / Speaker:

This power supply is used with tube type transceivers. It
includes a speaker as well as the power supply in a very
nice cabinet. It was designed to be used with the Eico 753
transceiver, but can be used with most any of the tube type
rigs from the 1960's and 70's.

The manual says it provides the following voltages:
750 V DC at 300 ma High Voltage
280 V DC at 170 ma Low Voltage
-100 V DC at 5 ma for bias
12.6 V AC at 4 amps for filaments

This supply has had the filter caps replaced. Measured voltages
are 10 to 15% higher than the listed values, likely because I
tested it under no load, since I have no rig available.

With manual for $120 plus shipping from Florida.
Of course pick up would be great.

Prices do not include shipping from Florida.

I also have many other accessories available such as many
different types of microphones, HTs, HF, VHF and UHF rigs, HF
and VHF/UHF antennas, etc.
Just too many to list here. Please e-mail your requests.

Thanks.

73,

Ken, W8EK

Ken Simpson