[Boatanchors] Need Photos: 1930's Control Tower Radios

Robert w4rl at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 4 19:07:58 EDT 2015

Wow!  That's a new one for my reads on Ham Radio Clubs civic projects
for certain.  And what a fun project it appears to be.  I do hope in due
time your membership will find even equipment of the era for community
display.    I know I'd pay money for a ticket to tour a real life (of
ago) a re-built 30's era airport/field control tower.  The aviation
growth of that wonderful time is something that needs to be kept safe
and nurtured just like our boatanchors.

Share with us a  little more of the type tower, whether civilian or
military or at sometime both maybe etc.  Where the particular tower is
located and some of its history.  Of note look at what Richard Dillman
and his west coast San Fran/Oakland area gang have done with the KPH
shore station resurrection of love of the hobby and it's annual on the
air events.  Maybe your tower project can grow into fruition to become
similar.  Lord knows ham radio needs many more such educational projects
in existence for those wanting to learn about our America the good
things happening in the news these days.   Especially the young families
(that seems to be the upcoming new America) wanting to do good things
with their little ones.  And not just a show place for us ol'timers
grumbling over this and that about the "good ol'days".  <grin>  Believe
you me "Thar's new (HAM RADIO) gold in them diapers out there touring
with their parents...".

As hams we know (or should know) that the sole reason ham radio in the
USA exists is that of the charge for public service by an US government
agency decree years ago not one of a government endorsed nationwide
hobby club.

Jus me 2 cent, yall,....just me 2 cents....

73 de Robert W4RL