[Boatanchors] Another Parts Store Closes...

The Pollacks rinkies at att.net
Sun Aug 30 17:16:20 EDT 2015

Part of the key is one phrase in your story, "I had not been there for a few
years."  During those years have you ordered parts "on line" that perhaps
ABC could have supplied?

Having retired from the retail business, I'm acutely aware of the
competition from online shopping.  It's convenient, and often less costly
than than the "brick and mortar" guys, but if you want them to be there when
you need them, they depend on your patronage for the common purchases.

Many years ago I was on the Board of Trustees of a rural county hospital.
Many prospective patients used hospitals in a large city 80 miles away for
"routine" and non emergency care.  But, when they awoke at 3 AM and couldn't
breathe, or had chest pains, they expected that hospital to be there!

Certainly this is not the only cause of the closing of specialty stores of
all kinds, and I do not mean to be accusatory; I use internet vendors, too.
But, when bemoaning the loss of a business that one hasn't patronized in
years, perhaps a look in the mirror is in order!

Ron K2RP