[Boatanchors] RadioWorld - AWA Saves a Piece of Delano Station by James O'Neal, K4XAR

oldradio at comcast.net oldradio at comcast.net
Thu Feb 12 19:25:17 EST 2015

Big, I mean really BIG, article in the February 11, 2015 RadioWorld Magazine.

You won't want to miss this story about the 250kW Collins transmitter
which was saved from the scrap yard by the combined efforts of the
AWA (Antique Radio Association - http://www.antiquewireless.org/ )
and the Collins CCA (Collins Collector Association - http://www.collinsradio.com/ )

Online version - http://www.radioworld.com/article/awa-saves-a-piece-of-delano-station/274511

This transmitter was rescued from the 'Voice of America Delano California Shortwave Station'
with the rescue crew given only about one week to remove it. A massive undertaking.

It will be on display in the new AWA Museum located in Bloomfield, NY.

You can help fund and be a part of this project by joining the Collins CCA, by joining the AWA, or...

Please consider a donation, no matter the size, to support our efforts.
Click on
   https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/awa-museum-voice-of-america-250-kw-station-display

73, John Dilks, K2TQN
   www.k2tqn.com/
      Former Editor Vintage Radio Column, QST 2000-2014
         Having fun smelling hot rosin and solder again