[Boatanchors] Question: X-Rays from 3B28?

George Babits gbabits at custertel.net
Sat Feb 14 09:50:48 EST 2015

I wouldn't loose any sleep over X-rays from the 3B28.  I've never heard of
that before.  The X-Ray deal goes back to the old B&W TV rectifiers with
their 1B3(?) or something like that.  I have heard of x-rays from the 866
tubes.

My question is why would you waste a pair of 2500 volt rectifiers on a 450
volt power supply.  The 5U4 or 5R4 would handle that with plenty of head
room.

73,
George
W7HDL