[Boatanchors] Thanks for Replies: Question: X-Rays from 3B28?

Paul Litwinovich paull at wshu.org
Mon Feb 16 10:33:58 EST 2015

I have always believed that the voltage needed to be above 16kV, and I have
never seen x-ray warnings on broadcast equipment under 5 kW. I have seen it
on klystron TV transmitters in the 35 kW range, but these operate above 20
kV.
 I wonder if a standard  Geiger would detect x-rays? I think of Geigers as
detecting particle radiation. It would be interesting to know.

Paul Litwinovich
Director of Engineering
WSHU Public Radio Group
FCC Lic. PGGB 039245