[Boatanchors] [Heath] [Heathkit] 2015 NOVICE RIG ROUNDUP RESULTS!

RAY FRIESS rayfrijr at msn.com
Tue Mar 10 12:59:51 EDT 2015

Thats one thing that made being a novice so fun.  Overcoming obstacles with the rig, antenna etc to make those contacts.  Not like today where you buy a rice box solid state rig, throw up a monster beam and go for it.  Nothing like the glow of the filaments and dial lamps, the big knobs and the can headphones to make it more exciting when some signal comes back to your cq.