[Boatanchors] Any Builders out There?

Frank Barnes fbw4npn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 20:55:12 EST 2015

I'm 74, retired for three years now.  HB stuff includes a clone of a
 Collins antenna tuner, a typical wire antenna tuner, a couple of regenny
rcvrs, multiple power supplies, field strength meter, inverted Vee antenna,
baluns.

Projects awaiting some time to commence (retirement is really busy!)
include resurrecting my SX-28A which has been stored the last 5 years, or
selling it, possibly bringing an old National NC-57m Rcvr to life,
 building an 807 low power CW/AM (and maybe DSB) rig and a 3x6146B linear
and power supplies for both, xtal calibrator, vfo and a DC receiver.  I
have all the parts for these but haven't yet had time to begin.  Currently
doing a total rebuild of the master bathroom & closet...not as much fun as
building a DC receiver.

Frank
W4NPN

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 7:20 PM, qrv at kd4e.com <qrv at kd4e.com> wrote:

> Seems to me the best place to find new homes for BA stuff
> that's heavy and/or bulky is a Hamfest.
>
> No shipping cost and hassles.
>
> The Stone Mtn. Fest is this coming weekend.
>
> David KD4E
>
> Along with my boatanchors (Signal Shifters, 310-Bs, HROs, Drakes,
>> Hammarlund, Heaths) I have some real ship anchors! Also transformers
>> I can’t pick up and gobs of small transformers and chokes.
>>
>> Anyone with ideas about how to get rid of this stuff (when the time
>> comes) so my heirs won’t have to?
>>
>> Is there a retro equipment builder’s/operators group or list out
>> there anywhere? I could use some sympathy.
>>
>> Wilson W4BOH
>>

> --
>
> *David* KD4E
> ARES-EC Bulloch County, Nevils, Georgia USA
>
> Safe & Secure Search Engine: duckduckgo.com

> Raspi Alternative: groups.yahoo.com/group/beagleboneblack/
>
> Restored to design-spec at Heaven's gate 1Cor15:22

Frank Barnes
W4NPN
Chapel Hill, NC
Grid Square FM05