[Boatanchors] Any Builders out There?

Ron Barlow imalowfer at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 4 15:06:59 EST 2015

Hi Wilson, FWIW, I have homebrewed all of my presently used radio gear, rx, tx, antennas, etc. Mostly at VHF and UHF, but some QRP HF "stuff" also, including 20's vintage Hartleys & regen receivers. I do not have the patience, facilities, or ability to construct show-n-tell type equipment, however. My parts sources were almost exclusively hamfest freebies, and my junkbox. My current workshop is an outdoor table, weather permitting (a serious rarity). My post retirement/post mistake/post recession budget is essentially nil. Arthritis and other issues have caused my recent project level to plummet, but not completely vanish. My hb projects are most assuredly not pretty, due to the above mentioned issues/limitations! My budget limitations leave me with no other options, other than the hb route, but I never enjoyed using commercially made stuff, when that option was available. Thus, homebrewing is a win/win scenario, for me.
 It is very good indeed, to hear from other hb enthusiasts.
                                                73 & GL de Ron  n4gjv