[Boatanchors] [Glowbugs] I agree

Wilson infomet at embarqmail.com
Sun Nov 29 22:29:52 EST 2015

I think we should all belong to and support ARRL.
Agree with everything or not, they are far and away our best lifeline and
guardian.
Dropping out over an issue is petty.  They can't please everyone all the
time!
Pactor may have some EMCOMM use, but I consider its boater use a scourge and
antithetical to "real" ham operation.
Routine use on boats (or anywhere) is contrary to all stated ham principles.
There's no techie involvement and no goodwill generation.
The exam is a joke and everyone on the boat will likely use it, ham or not.
Just buy it, pay someone to install it, and use "our" spectrum.
Sure, it can be another digi mode for hams, but pushing it out to consumers
is nuts.
So let's get some cards and letters going to the right places.
Wilson
W4BOH
Also getting old