[Boatanchors] I agree

Chuck wcmoore at verizon.net
Mon Nov 30 08:08:16 EST 2015

   Wilson
   I am getting old (64) and over the years have developed
   increasing hostility to the league. Today I view it
   as nothing more than a caretaker of a couple of
   overpriced paper rags called QST and QEX. If you
   examine 1950's editions of QST they included
   technical articles. Each month there was a
   plethora of one and two tube designs for antenna
   switches etc and usually a full tilt rig design such as
   transceivers, superhets etc.. Initially  it appeared
   QEX was going to fill that void but even now QEX
   carries few technically challenging articles on rf.
   The last change was it. I will not renew my subscription
   for QEX with the switch to cheap news print. Enough
   already.
   The day of an amateur license carrying any prestige
   relative to the technical competency of the operator
   was tossed with the FCC divesting the examination
   responsibility as well as the watering down of the
   Q&A pools.
   Why would I want to contribute to a group who
   maintained watched during the evolution of this mess?
   I am not saying to stay in the past but at least
   move into the future with a viable construct.
   73
   Chuck WD4HXG