[Boatanchors] historical question who many running CW compared to the 60s?

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 30 11:58:36 EST 2015

Annoying, or not, use of a keyboard is, for some operators, the only way that they can send CW due to various physical limitations.

Personally, I have been licensed for well over 56-years and, for most of that time I have used either a "bug" or a "keyer".  Unfortunately, these days, due to arthritis in my hands and wrists, because of the position that is required to use a "bug" or "keyer", using such is not possible for any length of time, at least most days.  However, I don't have any problems typing as can be determined just by the fact that I am replying to this thread.  Therefore, nowadays, I use a keyboard for the majority of my CW operation.  Of course, I don't use a computer for receiving and still use the time proven cerebral method to copy.
 Glen, K9STH

Website: http://k9sth.net