[Boatanchors] I'm speaking Thursday - History: Old Transmissions and Voices from the Past.

oldradio at comcast.net oldradio at comcast.net
Wed Apr 6 06:03:27 EDT 2016

I'm speaking at Holiday City ARC Thursday night at 7 PM, Toms River, NJ

      http://www.hcarc.us/

Title & Presentation:  "History: Old Transmissions and Voices from the Past."

PowerPoint includes Photos, Graphics, and the actual Voices of the following Wireless Pioneers telling their personal accounts and stories: Marconi, Jack Binns (of RMS Republic sinking), Irving Vermila (Ham #1), Dr. Lee DeForest, Hugo Gernsback, Edwin Armstrong, John Reinartz (life story), Leon Deloy (French 8AB - first transatlantic QSO), Elmo Pickerill (first airplane-to-ground QSO, 1910), Art Collins, General Griswold (USAF- SAC), Clarence Tuska describing the start of QST magazine in 1915, an SOS from the passenger ship "PRINSENDAM" in 1980 and early Wireless Ship transmissions on 500kc CW.

This year I'm speaking at Dayton on Friday May 20 @ 2:30 room 5.  It's a good time slot.

73, John Dilks, K2TQN
__ www.k2tqn.com/
_____ Former Editor Vintage Radio Column, QST Magazine 2000-2014